Wednesday, August 19, 2009

An Open Letter To The Man Who Crushed My Lettuce

Dear Man Who Crushed My Lettuce,
First of all I should say I appreciate you painting my house. I know you're not doing it for charity – my landlords are repainting their properties – but I appreciate you're helping make my house better. I do, however, have issues with where you decide to stand. Now, I don't have an issue that you woke me up today by standing on the roof right outside my bedroom window and spraying water higher up. I was going to wake up anyway around that time to go to work, so really what did that hurt? I am slightly concerned that your standard operating procedure is not to knock on the door first but to climb on to roof outside someone's window in the early morning! How do you know I'm not a 19 year girl. Maybe this hypothetical person would not like to wake up to hear a ladder being pushed against the roof that connects to her bedroom window as a strange man climbs up it. Just sayin'.

But, as I stated, that wasn't the standing that concerned me. When I left for work you were spraying down the porch... while standing on my lettuce plants. Really? Really?

Like, there's a lot of other places in my garden for you to stand. There are areas, for example, that do not have plants growing. There are areas that have more resilient plants, like ivy. There is a wooden path midway through it that has no plants.

Or there's the sidewalk. That's good too.

So, while I'm grateful you didn't wreck any of my other plants I'm not entirely pleased about the lettuce.

Govern yourself accordingly,
The Frugal Veggie

No comments:

Post a Comment