Sunday, August 2, 2009

Housecleaning Updates

So to add another hit of meta to this blog I thought I'd give some updates on previous posts.

I've updated my review of Khmer Thai to include a picture of the restaurant and fixed some embarrassing spelling errors that my friend Leo pointed out.

I did perform the promised update for my four sad vegetables post where I tripled the sauce. (I added the same sauce as before, but as there were now half of much vegetables which had gotten half of the previous sauce...) It was better, though approaching too much salt, but still nothing to write home about. I'll have to work a bit more on it.

Finally, I was challenged to go one step further and cook pasta directly in the sauce. So I did. I diluted it one part sauce to one part water and cooked it down with the pasta.

Sauce-Cooked Pasta

Like anytime you cook pasta on high its going to spatter a bit. In retrospect, I should've cooked it lower for longer. I felt the pasta was a bit too al dente for my taste but I can see how some people might prefer it. The sauce really thickened up though, not just loosing the extra water I'd added.

No comments:

Post a Comment