Thursday, August 13, 2009

Garden Scramble

So I've been away for a bit with real world stuff, this post is therefore a bit like time traveling as the events contained herein occured in the past (woooooooo). I was planning to make a meal using items from my garden and the last vegetables in my fridge (some onions and some mushrooms). It was going to be a pasta dish, but then you-know-what decided to wreck my pasta. So I had it as a breakfast instead, sans starch.

Garden Scramble

  • Handful of mushrooms
  • 1 chili, chopped
  • Oil
  • 2 small onions, diced
  • 1 garlic shoot, chopped
  • 1 cherry tomato, garnish
    Saute the onion in some oil on high for about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for a few more minutes. Then add the chili and the garlic shoots. Add the tomato on the plate.

    Serves 1
    I think this would have been nice served over something. I probably could've cooked these particular mushrooms for a shorter period as well. The tomato complemented it surprisingly well, if I'd had more ready I would've put more on (say 4 cherry tomatoes).
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment