Thursday, August 6, 2009

CSI: My Kitchen 2: The Return

I am literally angry with rage. Today, I wake up and head into my kitchen and what do I find. Some animal has ransacked it, again.

Not cool, animal. Again, if it was just the bread that it ate – I would be annoyed. I was planning on eating that bread for breakfast today. But y'know, I eat it, it eats it, it all balances out. But it wrecked and contaminated a bunch of my stuff: pasta, barley, lentils, cornstarch. I wish you ill, little animal. I wish you ill. This time it ate through my screen:

I guess that gives a slightly better idea what it is: probably not a squirrel. Whoever you are, little animal, I'd advise you to get out of here cause the town ain't big enough for the both of us.

4 comments:

  1. That's a shame. I was living in a basement on Brock Street in Kingston last year and we had a squirrel eat through our screen, so you can't necessarily rule them out as culprits. Were this not a vegetarian blog( though I am curious about the cream of chicken soup can in the foreground of picture #1) , you could chronicle your pursuit of this greedy grain-and-legume eater, finishing with a barbecue session and a recipe for squirrel kebabs or raccoon burgers. Since you assumedly practice kindness towards animals, though , I don't know how to help you...besides suggesting that you move your new uncontaminated foodstuffs to another room or finding some way to lock your cupboard...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chicken soup is owned by my roommate, but good catch! I probably could've removed it from the shot but I wanted to accurately capture the stiuation.

    Maybe I should start selling such kebabs and burgers as an authentic slice of London life. I think we can wave the animal-kindness thing once they're eating my stuff.

    Too bad about the squirrel that got into your place. I may have to find a good way of keeping everything secure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And this is why vegetarianism is folly. Do you think this animal cared that you're a vegetarian? Do you think it wouldn't have eaten you if it were capable of doing so? Indeed, I would say that the reason that this brazen assault is because you have been showing so much weakness.

    Repent your errors now. If you wish to defeat this raider, you must heed these words of wisdom:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EZlQdXywts

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!"

    ReplyDelete