Monday, September 7, 2009

Restaurant: Veg Out

I wanted to go to Veg Out before, but they were closed on Sunday evenings. Which was somewhat annoying, so I was leery about trying again as I didn't want to reward that sort of behaviour. But, I'm glad I did (plus I don't want to tell them how to run their business). Veg Out is a relatively new restaurant, it has a nice simple menu that gets the job done. Plus, I believe it is London's only vegan restaurant if that's your thing. After sitting down with the parents, I decided to order the Chipotle Black Bean Burger.



The actual burger tasted somewhat similar to the burger I made but it was topped with all sorts of things I usually don't have access to at the same time: a ripe tomato slice, sprouts, guacamole and a chipotle aoili. Also, and this is important with burgers, the bun was quite good. You need a bun strong enough to hold the burger in place, but not too tough to be a detriment. We had the roasted garlic with toast as an appitizer (more on that later!) and split a chocolate cake for dessert. One of the parentals had a pâté sandwich which I tried and thought tasted like dirt, but then again, I think a lot of pâté tastes that way. The bottom line was that its a pretty solid restaurant and very professional for a place that could've been very granola (not that there's anything wrong with granola).

Veg Out Restaurant
646 Richmond Street, London, ON

2 comments:

  1. You must make an entry called "Corn on the Ja-Cob"

    If you leuuuh having sprouts in your burger, you should grow your own in the kitchen in jars. You can axe my mom about it, she's a tad obsessed with it. It's obviously germane to both "frugal" and "veggie" and animals can't dig it up (though I suppose they can still B&E like they do every other week.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking about growing some stuff in doors when the weather turns bad, maybe I should look into sprouts.

    Regarding the B&Es I've imported several feral wolverines which I've let loose in my house. I think it'll deter squirrels.

    ReplyDelete