Monday, July 27, 2009

Restaurant: Mexitaco

Mexitaco is a wretched little restaurant. That means that this review will be less promotional than the others I have written, therefore there will be none of the accoutrement in other reviews. To make up for that, I will write up the evening akin to the game of Fortunately/Unfortunately.

Fortunately, I was going to Nazereth with my friends.
Unfortunately, it was closed for renovations.
Fortunately, that meant that, hopefully, when it reopened there would be more room.
Unfortunately, we didn't have anywhere to eat and we were hungry.
Fortunately, there was a mexican place nearby.
Unfortunately, one of my friends had a bad feeling about it and didn't want to go inside.
Fortunately, we convinced him it would be good.
Unfortunately, we were very wrong.
Fortunately, we didn't know that yet and had some delicious guacomole (though as Chris Rock says you shouldn't get credit for shit you supposed to do and its easy to make good guacomole).
Unfortunately, the entrees were about $10 each (way overpriced for the quality as we shall see).
Fortunately, the rice was alright.
Unfortunately, the burrito that I ordered had not-particularly-great beans and as for the vegetables... The vegetables were insipid carrots, peas and lima beans whose flavour had been cruelly boiled away. I thought I had gone to a Mexican restaurant – not WASP family dinner from the 1950s.
Fortunately, well actually there weren't any more fortunatelys there...
Unfortunately, there was a piece of chicken clinging to the bottom of my friend's quesadilla. When we brought it up the waitress basically shrugged it off. Then, after we'd paid for the $42 meal amongst the 3 of us with 3 twenties, she had the chutzpah to ask if we wanted change.
Fortunately, I bought a cheap Korean dvd from a random Korean dvd store afterwards.
Unfortunately, I then walked past Tacos El Asador which would've been a far better restaurant.

Mexitaco
No, I'm not giving an address – I'm not going to make it easier for people to find this awful place

1 comment:

  1. Your prejudice against Mexican people is now quite apparent.

    ReplyDelete