Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Is There No Lemon Balm In Gilead?

As I've mentioned I have a bit of a garden. It's tiny, but I get some food out of it. My neighbours, on the other hand, have a gigantic garden – one even vaster than I thought because it also takes up a hill on a side of their property (as I wrote "their property" I mentally felt one of my professors hitting me upside the head). Occasionally, some of the garden's bounty will end up with me, e.g. some of the chili plants came from there. The other day, we were talking about the herb section of her garden and I received some lemon balm. Lemon balm is an herb that can be turned into a delicious, calming tea. It wasn't the only thing in the garden that was tea-worthy: Catnip, apperently, can become a medicinal tea. Tastes awful though.

Lemon Balm Tea

  • Lemon Balm Leaves
  • Boiling Water
    Add 2 tablespoons of fresh leaves for each cup of boiling water.

    The tea had a nice subtle lemon flavour. I'm currently letting some of the leaves dry out and will try it again with dried leaves (where the proportion is 1 tablespoon per cup of boiling water).
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment