Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Frugal Veggie Semiversary

Six months ago today, I started the Frugal Veggie blog and put up the first post (appropriately enough about lentils). Since that time I've done 62 posts (including this one) and been visited 718 times with 1492 pageviews. These visits have come from 5 continents and 17 countries. The majority of my entries have been recipes and restaurant reviews (respectively about 2/5ths and 1/5 of my posts) but posts about my garden or animals eating stuff in my kitchen are also up there.

Who knows where this blog will be on its real anniversary 6 months from now.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. Sniffles. Congratulations. Celebrate with an elaborate dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas, I had boiled frozen perogies that night (exam the next day, took a few minutes out of studying to turn on the heat and then to throw in the perogies). Maybe I'll make yolkless eggs for the anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should post a recipe for something that's good. All I see in this place is a bunch of dhaal and tofu and chickpea recipes. I think there are generally two types of vegetarian food. Vegetarian food that anyone would be happy to eat and vegetarian food that only someone initiated into a vegetable cult would ever willingly eat. So far almost all your recipes has been food of the latter type.

    Do you know how to make anything with broad appeal? Like I don't know... cookies? In fact, that will be my challenge to you in the next six months. A recipe that isn't just for people in the Zuccuini Appreciation Society. If you manage it, I will make it and post a review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those would kill me and thus do not count.

    That's a cool site though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is, isn't it? Great for the internets.

    ReplyDelete