Monday, November 9, 2009

Restaurant: Bangkok Pad Thai

So this post will have less pictures than usual because I forgot to bring my camera (image from website). On the plus side, the food was excellent. I had almost gone to Bangkok Pad Thai with some friends a few weeks ago, but we went to a pizza place instead. On Sunday, I remembered it looked good and went there with my friend.

We started off with an order of edamame, which is always fun. There were a lot of good looking entrees but I ultimately decided on the Pad Kee Mao Veggie (which, I learned later, means "drunken noodles" for some reason). The Pad Kee Mao contained some of my favourite vegetables for stir-frys: broccoli, baby corn, bamboo, water chestnuts and carrots cut into whimsical shapes. It was served over what the menu referred to as "rice noodle" and topped with a spicy chili garlic sauce. Spicy-for-white-people spicy, but still spicy.

For dessert we had the deep-fried ice cream which is an amazing concept. I definitely will have to go back sometime, I've heard the green curry is excellent.

Bangkok Pad Thai
735 Richmond Street, London, ON

No comments:

Post a Comment